DIVAx, the European day of digital agriculture
21 June @ 9 h 30 min - 17 h 30 min CEST
In March 2021, the DIVA project, funded by H2020, ended. This accelerator has funded 134 digital agri-related projects for the benefit of 180 SMEs in Europe. In the wake of this initiative, a cross-border community has been created around digital AgTech companies, who expressed the need and interest in sharing skills and knowledge at European level to build more powerful value chains. The DIVA initiative continues today through a DIVAx sequel, which intends to maintain this fruitful dynamic by providing companies with a package of services meant to increase their understanding of the European ecosystem and to help seize opportunities for cross-border collaborations.
DIVAx is intended for the companies of the Digital AgriTech, seeking for funding, network and visibility, and for the players of the Agrifood sector seeking an update on the latest trends in Digital AgriTech.
DIVAx in practice:
A digital fair on June 21st the “European Day of Digital Agriculture” with:
- Conferences and workshops
- Matchmaking opportunities
- A virtual fair with virtual booths and posters for participants in a 2D virtual environment
The European Day of Digital Agriculture is meant to give an overview of the trends in digital AgTech for the agri-food sector at European level: From the EC position to the point of view of companies, big and small, from different countries.
An expert service for companies: The “EU Innovation Factory” to help build cross-border innovation projects.
The “EU Innovation Factory” is a unique team of international experts from 4 different countries. Their complementary expertise covers all the aspects of an innovation project: Excellence, Impact and Implementation, from IP management to market insights. Prepare and submit your project Idea!
Register to the fair!
Time Zone – Central European Summer Time
Morning Sessions (9h30-12h15)
- 9:30 – 9:35 – Opening ceremony / DIVAx presentation
- Nicolas Nguyen The (FR) – Head of European Affairs at ASOI
Session 1 – Upcoming trends in Europe
- 9:35 – 9:50 – Overview of EU initiatives in the area of the Digital Agritech
- Doris Marquardt – Programme Officer at European Commission DG-AGRI
- 9:50 – 10:05 – The ICT-AGRI-FOOD ERA-NET’s view on current trends for digitally-enabled, sustainable and transparent agri-food systems
- Johannes Pfeifer (DE) – Coordination manager at ICT Agri-Food
Session 2 – Structuring initiatives in Europe
- 10:05 – 10:20 – The INRIA-INRAE White Book “Agriculture and Digital technology” – The french research perspective
- Véronique Bellon-Maurel, Deputy Head of Numm Department at INRAe
- 10:20 – 10:35 – Taking advantage of responsible digital for sustainable livestock farming systems
- Ludovic Brossard (FR) – Deputy head of joint research unit PEGASE at INRAe
- 10:35 – 10:50 Question & answers
Session 3 – Priorities, breaks and needs for companies in Europe
- 11:05– 11:15 – Agritech in Spain
- Jorge Martinez Guanter (ES) – Digital Marketing Manager at Corteva Agriscience
- 11:15 – 11:25 – Agritech in Italy / How to promote and support Made in Italy? Almaviva R2D Traceability Solution
- Valerio Aquè (IT) – Research & Development Manager at Almaviva
- 11:25– 11:35 – Agritech in Portugal / Wisecrop, centralized vision of farming management
- Tiago Sá (PT) – CoFounder & CEO at Wisecrop
- 11:35 – 11:45- Agritech in France / Towards data spaces
- Marine Dechamp-Guillaume (FR) – Chief project manager at OKP4
- 11:45 – 12:00 – Roundtable / Are digital innovations reaching their market? What conditions for success stories
- Moderators: Nicolas Nguyen The (FR) – Head of European Affairs at ASOI & Sara Neves (PT) – Researcher at INESCTEC
Session 4 – DIVAx service for trans-national collaboration
- 12:00 – 12:15 – DIVAx project support: The EU Innovation Factory
- Nathalie Chavrier (ES) – Technical expert at Corporación Tecnológica de Andalucía
- Sofia Araújo (PT) – Incubation manager at TecLabs
Lunch break (12h30-14h00)
Afternoon Sessions (14h00-17h30)
- 14:00 – 14:30 Workshop 1 – An open source, free and collaborative Agritech store to centralise digital technologies dedicated to agricultural production
- Corentin Leroux (FR) – CEO at Aspexit
- 15:00 – 15:30 Workshop 2 – Metaverse, the virtual land
- Alberto Antinucci (IT) – AI Project Manager at Sapiens Analytics
- 16:00 – 16:30 Workshop 3 – Main benefits and constraints of Digital Trading & Carbon Farming
- Filipe Núncio (PT) – Founder at Agri Marketplace
- 17:00 – 17:30 Workshop 4 – SmartAgro: facing agricultural challenges with AI
- Julio Barbancho Concejero (SP) – Electronic Technology Department Professor and Researcher, University of Seville
- Carlos León de Mora (SP) – Director of the Polytechnical Engineering School. University of Seville. Head of the Research Group Electronic Technology and Industrial Informatic
DIVAx is a short-term focussed initiative funded by the Smart Agri Hub programme https://www.smartagrihubs.eu/
This Project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, through an Open Call issued and executed under the project SmartAgriHubs (Grant Agreement No 818182).